http://critic.net http://blogsiteslist.com Short Love Story #7 |Short Love Stories

Friday 20 June 2014

Short Love Story #7

7th August,2004 It was the day of my marriage.I don't know why on the day of marriage even a normal person with not so much value and importance become the only concern for every one .Every one wants to get clicked on camera with that person whom they never even thought of sitting with .Why that innocent person is made to sit in front of loads of people on the stage like a Showpiece.
Yes,this is the way a marrige in arranged in Punjab.
On that beautiful day , my new life was going to be started.But things were kind a bit different.Earlier that day, when we used to plan some outing with the help of her friends ,things were beautiful and natural.
(Yes ,It was a Love marriage )
But,as the things were going on,it didn't seem beautifull to me excluding some moments like when she was sitting beside me in gurudwara sahib wearing a red lehnga and when under a phulkari we reached the stage by holding each other's hand .These few moments were beautiful but rest of the moments seemed so much artificial. I with my beautiful lady , was made to sit in front of crowd like showpieces for hours . Cameraman in front of us was clicking thousands of pictures with different relatives of both sides standing right behind our chairs on stage . I was feeling a bit low ,beacause in our past when we used to meet,we used to fight,laugh ,see in each other's eyes,and many more beutifull things.But on our most important day of life we were sitting like two cartoon silently who were like not allowed to talk otherwise photo will not be good . And, by the way,how two persons will talk when so many people in their front are continously staring them with full concentration and gossiping about their looks.
I hade been to so many marriages in past,but stupid ME never ever realized the anxiety of couple sitting on that stage for hours.I had never thought the couple sitting there would be so much unhappy because they even can't see each other.I knew , I have rest of my life to see her,talk to her ,love her .But ,my heart was saying....

"Preet , Gagan is sitting beside you on the chair.....and from a dozen of weeks you haven't met her..you haven't got any chance to see her properly..why are you sitting numb ..talk to her and say those little pretty things that made her laugh and fell in love with you...go ahead preet"

After few minutes with a face in the direction of people and relatives which were coming to congratulate us for happy married life,I tried to start a conversation by saying
"Hello Gagan"

She too replied with her face toward people
"Hi...Pree"

But as she was completing her sentence,her younger sister Kirat interferred by saying
"Mr.Preet ,my sister gonna be yours but you have to wait a more few hours .So keep quite and after all this marriage stuff.... talk freely.Thank you"

That was the only conversation between us on that day.Finally a big smile came on my face as all the boring stuffs were over and we were now a married couple and was going with her back to our home -My village Dasuya.
Due to so many rituals and other things which is done at the arrival of newly married couple ,I forgot to discuss about the day with Gagan

But few weeks after the day of marriage .I was having a look at the marriage pictures although that day i was not enjoying it.I noticed something in photos.
In our stage photos ,She was sitting beside me very calm and making same pose everytime with a diffent persons of our relation behind us.And on the other side I was sitting there with a fake smile .

I asked her "How you was so calm and happy ,you was not excited to talk to me ? You don't love me? You didn't wanted to see me ?"
She replied in a soft voice"I was too excited to talk to you,but I was happy beacuse I was with you.I was enjoying that moment of silence too because we never sit silent"

That day I realized the love is conditionless..and her love for me was UNLIMITED and mine one limited .I deserve her but she deserve a better "Preet"

LOVE DONT ASK WHAT IS THE SITUATION OR CONDITION?
LOVE CAN PREVAIL EVEN BETWEEN A BLIND EYE AND DEAF EAR

No comments:

Post a Comment